Got Sun? Go Solar: Get Free Renewable Energy to Power Your Grid-Tied Home
REX A. EWING and DOUG PRATT
We are proud to carry this new book written and published by some of our neighbors here in the canyon who have extensive experience with renewable energy.
Are you connected to the grid, but want to reduce or even eliminate your electric bills with free energy from the sun and wind? From the sun-soaked Southwest to windy North Dakota to the hurricane-prone Southeast, homeowners are discovering renewable energy. Now with rebates and incentives from most states, installing a solar/wind system is an economically-attractive and environmentally-responsible option. Do it for your checkbook, or for independence from blackouts. Or do it just because you want to help the environment. You'll be glad you did.
* Why invest in renewable energy for your home?
* Is it legal and safe?
* How solar electricity works
* Batteries or not?
* Sizing your system
* Got Wind?
* What does it cost?
* Any financial help out there?
* Permits & Paperwork
* The Nuts & Bolts: what to look for, what to avoid
* Who does the installation?
* Appendix: manufacturers, web resources, state energy offices, sizing worksheets, glossary, and more
7.5 x 8, 160 pages, over
120 photos and llustrations
published August 2005